Wednesday, July 30, 2008

:: My Song :: for now

It would seem like I have come full circle
and this song has become even more fitting then ever
To how I feel tonight ..

When words fail you
there are always other people out there
better able to articulate it then you ...

So lets hear it for Karen's favorite Carpenters song..
and now mine too >>

The hardest thing I've ever done is keep believing
There's someone in this crazy world for me

The way that people come and go through temporary lives
My chance could come and I might never know

I used to say "no promises, let's keep it simple"
But freedom only helps you say Good-bye

It took a while for me to learn
That nothing' comes for free
The price I've paid is high enough for me

(*) I know I need to be in love
I know I've wasted too much time
I know I ask perfection of a quite imperfect world
And fool enough to think that's what I'll find

So here I am with pockets full of good intentions
But none of them will comfort me tonight

I'm wide awake at four a.m.
Without a friend in sight
Hanging on a hope but I'm alright


~ by Richard Carpenter & John Bettis & Albert Hammond
------------------------------------------------------

You kinda know the state you have fallen into
When you start relating your life to a pop song...


But I still think that the lyrics are beautiful and melancholic

And the song plays in my head for now
like a siren..
drawing me to crash and burn
upon the rocky coasts of reality



<3 j

No comments: