Sunday, April 08, 2007

Beached in Bali



The past few weeks had been madness
it felt like I'm back at week 12 of uni term
which coincidentally WAS actually week 12
of SMU term..

To all the nerds mugging in the library now
with only 3 hours of sleep but 100 more readings,
4 more textbooks and 10 more past exams papers
to go through...

I give you the proverbial finger
by lazying by the pool with a book in hand
wondering if I should have my eggs scrambled or sunny side up ..

lallalallalalal



okay I'm not that cruel
but as i was gazing into the Bali sunset
with the sea salt crystallizing in my hair
i wonder if this is what all the mugging is for

What have all the mugging got me
other than bouts of bad acne, love handles from too much junk food
and stained teeth from too much coffee

In the end ..
the coffee stains remains
Only now, I have more money to pay for facial and healthier food
which leaves my wallet alot lighter
which again begs the question
where does that leave me...

But I digress ..
Back to hell week..
While the final presentation in school
accounts for 30% of your final grade
which seemed to be a life or death situation back then

My presentation at the Bali Conference
probably accounts for the rest of my career

well ..okay
that may be a wee too drama
but I guess if I had totally sucked
in front of my colleagues from all over Asia
and some big shots from Europe
well...

I can probably throw myself into Bali sea
and hope for the crashing waves to
sweep me away into oblivion

Sounds romantic...
alas, i dint get to die with such melodrama..
thankfully it all went better than I thought
with people asking for my presentation
Although I was a nervous wreak ~

I changed 4 outfits in the morning
then deciding on to wear back the first outfit
I sprayed perfume on myself 3 time without realising
I poured papaya juice onto my cereal
I talked to my eggs
seriously...

Ah well
at least this tale
has a fairy tale ending
in a family entertainment kinda way..
a la ~disney cute







BECAUSE THERE WAS NO DECENT PUBS
IN THE WHOLE BLOODY STRETCH OF PRIVATE BEACHES...
thus gone was the chance for crazing boozing
bar top dancing
sexcapades on the beach...

okay maybe NOT the last part
but at least watching OTHER people frolicking by the beach
would have been more entertaining
then trying to drink myself to a very bad hangover
on cheap red wine..
by a bar that does not play any music
and a bartender that cannot pronounce "Cabernet Sauvignon"


and the waves continues to crash
time waits for no man
but the sand sinks in
as I step on it
dragging me down
"wait for me"
i shout at the sea
"wait for me, for i cant catch up
.....wait for me"
but the sea turns a deaf ear
dancing in its frothy white skirt
with the stars as the audience
leaving me washed ashore ....

No comments: